Case study for sound sustainability principals demonstrating an excellent solution that cities across the world could follow - presented at 9th World Congress of Metropolis at Sydney, Australia
City Nations!The 9th World Congress of Metropolis was held at Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour, Sydney, Australia from 22nd to 25th October 2008, hosted by the New South Wales Government, with the theme of 'Connecting Cities' and highlighted the increasing importance of cities, more so than nations, as principal hubs of international interaction.
It focused on City Leadership, Climate Change, Financing Public Infrastructure and Urban Renewal, looked at how the structure of metropolitan regions could replicate the success of these networks at a regional level, developing as poly centric cities of diverse functional hubs.
Sustainability:"Metropolis" is the World Association of major metropolises of 104 member cities having a population of greater than one million people. The World Congress of Metropolis invited Magarpatta City, Pune as a case study - an ‘Eco City’ for its sound sustainability principals demonstrating an excellent solution that many cities across the world could follow.
Mr. Satish Magar, Chairman and Managing Director, Magarpatta Township Development & Construction Company Limited, presented Magarpatta City to the international audience of delegates at the 9th World Congress of Metropolis Sydney, who looked up at it being the first of its kind role model of ‘Inclusive Growth’ with the unique concept of the farmers – landowners as equity shareholders.
Employment opportunities within walking distance:The ‘Walk to work, Walk to school, Walk to recreation’ aspect of Magarpatta City which has brought the CBD (Central Business District), i.e. Cybercity Magarpatta, Pentagon commercial offices zone and the upcoming SEZ with more than eighty thousand employment opportunities within walking distance of the residents was well acknowledged.
Quality of life:
Magarpatta City with its own independent neighborhoods, schools and shopping facilities, solving major transport and commuting problems thus enhancing the quality of life of the inhabitants here, appealed well to this highly knowledgeable audience in this developed nation.
Of noteworthy appreciation were the social infrastructure and planning aspects, self sustaining measures of of water harvesting, solar water heating, bio-gas generation, garbage segregation, intensive implementation of greenery and safeguarding the environment at Magarpatta City.
Related Stories:1) Should i cancel my booking at Nanded City Pune?
2) Is this the right time for NRIs to book a flat at Amanora Park Town?
3) Paranjape Schemes' Crystal Garden on Baner-Pashan Link Road and the beginning of a new world, Blue Ridge at Hinjewadi!
4) On the auspicious day of Dasara, Magarpatta City opens the bookings of 1 bhk flats!
5) Magarpatta City - sustainable community
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups