After searching for a new property in Bavdhan, Pashan, Baner & Kothrud area, and finding the property rates unbearable,
I decided to go for a resale one.
But on the contrary it was more 'haunted' experience!
The resellers greed and selfishness let not compromise them on their 3rd class property rates which are almost equal to new ones:
|Buying a resale flat? Beware of flat owner - broker nexus|
Folks !!!! Sharing my wonderful experience while searching for a resale flat in Kothrud Depot and Bavdhan Area !! Its fresh, brand new and 100% true.. !!
Read it and if you are planning to purchase, then get ready for humiliating experience while dealing with the indecent Nexus between flat owners and crook middlemen.
Here we go !!
Today I sat for a deal ( luckily not happened ) with an owner of 10 year old 1050 sq ft flat near Bank Of Maharashtra and with an illiterate and crook middleman (owner's friend) and my uncle who is a bank manager and has handled Loan department as well.
I hoped that considering the correction of 10 to 15% for new flats and some extra for resale flats and considering the age of building and other factors and confirmed the total cost including everything from bank's loan department and from some agency; prices of resale property could be affordable and may get the good deal.
Initially we started pitching with this evaluated price.
Once they heard the initial price - their eyes popped out of eye sockets.
Reacting to their weird reaction; we asked for their expectations;
after hearing their expectation our ears send these sound signal energy to the brain and converted the sound energy into anger, irritation.
Expected price for not so maintained property, 10 years old, 910 sq ft carpet, few leakages here and there is 75 Lakhs !!!! Booooommmmmm
Then we raised the bar from our side to 2 to 3 lakhs i.e up to 61 to 62 Lakhs...
After hearing this - one of the agent's body language became restless and told in a very rough and arrogant tone .. and giving a sarcastic laughter .. nodded with a big NOOOOO
We insisted on the justification of their irrational demand that too without registration n all.
In a defense - the owner and his crook and shabby friends insisted this demand is valid as this property is road touched...and availability of goods/ grocery items in vicinity.
To which my uncle reverted and deflated their baseless defenses by saying-
1. Road touch properties are good for commercial purpose and not for residential,
even in internal parts and in all lanes of Bavdhan Khurd each everything is available right from the medicines, h/ws, goods n everything you ask for.. Thanks to Rajasthanis / Chowdaries..."
2. Where is the consideration of property's age while calculating the whopping amount of 75 Lakh ? (There isn't a difference of 2 Lakhs in new and old property)
3. If a brand new flats are available at the same price inclusive of registration, etc etc then why should we buy a 10 years old flat for 75 excluding stamp duty, registration ?
4. Current rate in Bavdhan area is 6300 to 6400 for new properties, so even if you calculate with this rate property doesn't exceed the 64 Lakhs mark. For old property it must be lesser!
5. Why would we pay for Water leakages fix and few repairing work?
After hearing this revert; all the false claims of crooked nexus baffled and didn't have anything to substantiate their defense!!
Then agent peeped in and started defending his client like an honest dog!!
Here is what agent said:
1. My client can't afford the 63 lakhs and it would be a loss
( .. Toinnggggg.. what a stupidity. Owner is already getting around 300% profit)
2. Road touch properties are still in full demand and preferred by many for residence
(We asked for the recent purchases through him to substantiate his claim but he couldn't)
3. I've been active in this areas for many years ( funny ) so I know this property is worthy ...
(Reason for worthiness?? Ooppss....couldn't handled by his brain to put forward the good things.)
4. Water leakages fix and few repairing work must have to bear by you as this comes under your own special and customize requirement and modification ...(!?)
Finally the owner, his goonda friend and dumb middleman refute the deal by flaunting the arrogant body language and hand gestures, popping eyes gazing each others and transferring the message of repudiate, sigh with hmmm sounds were the enough signs for us not to waste a single moment of our life with such indecent, ignoble filthy people!!
After hearing such baseless answers and stringent demands and reluctance to negotiate and reduction in demand, we decided to walk away
But before leaving my uncle taught a lesson of lifetime by prodding with taunts (in the style of Punekars) -
- As middlemen, he didn't play the role of negotiator/ middleman but biased towards the owner (so called family friend)
- When we were ready to negotiate and try to finalize to a golden mean, he shielded the owner and stopped him to negotiate further
- He acted as lawyer, spokesperson, defender of an owner
We were left with the first actual, real, physical bitter experience while hunting for a dream home in Pune; earlier to which I had read the similar experiences on web portals, blogs etc of many property seekers.
Common man's search (aka Struggle) for a dream house in Pune (not included fringe villages like Pirangut, Shivane, Dhayari, Kesnand etc.) as of now still looks distant!!!!
Mr. Resale Flat Buyer, Tujhse bhi jyada pagal lok is duniya mein hai!
|Mr. Resale Flat Buyer, Tujhse bhi jyada pagal lok is duniya mein hai!|
Guess! What would be the view of that flat seller & his property broker about above failed negotiations?
Do you think that they would have realized how irrational was their demand?
Do you think that the broker would have told the flat seller - "Let us reconsider the property price & try to renegotiate"
No! I don't think so!! Instead of that both of them must have told each other -
"Mr. Resale Flat Buyer, Tujhse bhi jyada pagal lok is duniya mein hai! - Pagal Lok - who while buying a flat - give importance only to the location!!"
I completely agree with the flat seller & his agent!
If this resale flat buyer - who has a budget of 63 lakhs for a 2 bhk - really cares for value for money - for the quality of property - he would have gone for a new flat - which is constructed as per current development rules - using current construction methods - having latest specifications & amenities - in a developing area of PCMC. For example - Siyona at Punawale!
But for Mr. Resale Flat Buyer - location - Bavdhan near Kothrud - was more important than the quality of the property.
When the flat seller & his agent tried to take advantage of his weakness - Mr. Resale Flat Buyer got upset. Instead of blaming himself for being so naive - Mr. Resale Flat Buyer started blaming the nexus of flat buyer & broker and requested me to share his 'haunted' experience.
Look at his experienced uncle! Instead of guiding his naive nephew to buy a right property - the so called wise & experienced uncle supported his nephew!
Mr. Resale Flat Buyer, you get what you deserve!
Be wise! Stop blaming others!!
Pune real estate market has become so crooked and wicked - only because of the naive flat buyers like you.
What say you?
Please, share your views in the comments.
1) Why are wise Hinjewadi IT Engineers booking flats in Pethkar Projects' Siyona at Punawale, PCMC, Pune?
2) Like Hinjewadi Techie Boys - I don’t Own a Flat - So What?
3) Sad story of a son who purchased a flat in Sus
4) Don't book a flat in Pune till RERA is implemented
5) 5 Objections Against Maharashtra RERA Rules
6) A visit to Vasudha Etasha, 71 Kothrud, Pune
7) The best way to buy a flat in Pune real estate market
8) Pune : Agent took me to Police as I purchased from Owner directly and did not pay his brokerage
Subscribe for Free!
To receive free emails or free RSS feeds, please, subscribe to Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
Feel free to call me:
I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market.
My email id is RaviKarandeekar@RaviKarandeekar.com Feel free to write to me. I reply as soon as i can.
If you want my advice, feel free to call me on 919860044110. First 3 minutes are free! And for more than 3 minutes - pay as you wish - you decide the value of my advice.
Of course, for a serious discussion, better fix an appointment at a time convenient to both of us. So that we can have uninterrupted & in depth discussion on my mobile (919860044110)
- on Video Hangout on Google+
- or on Skype (ravikarandeekar) .
For more than 3 minutes and up to 30 minutes - pay as you wish. After the conversation - transfer the money to my bank account. As much as you wish. From a few hundred to a few hundred thousand crore of U S Dollars or Indian Rupees. Here are my bank account details:
Bank of Maharashtra.
Savings A/c no- 20047674794.
Branch- Bajirao Road Pune MICR Code 411014010.