The various arms of the security forces seemed unsure about how to deal with the touristsBefore the shattered glass had been cleared from the road, before the last of the firemen had gone home, before even half a day had passed since the death of the last terrorist, the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel had begun to fill the role it will play for at least the next couple of months—as a tourist spot of regrettable notoriety.
On Saturday evening, gawkers filled the promenade outside the hotel, pointing to the parts of the façade that had featured in the ceaseless television coverage, taking photos of themselves with commandos or in front of a particularly damaged section, or just watching the muted hum of activity.
To read more, please, visit: Samanth Subramanian - livemint.com
Related Stories:1) Restoring Taj hotel's glory may cost Rs.5 bn, take 12 months
2) We had warning - Ratan Tata, Chairman, Tata Group
3) The Final Fight at the Taj
4) India terror begins with corpses on train platform
5) Mumbai under attack - The Big Picture - Boston.com
6) Vilasrao Deshmukh in Ram Gopal Verma trouble